The Reflections of a Digital Immigrant

The Awakening to this Other World of Learning...

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Google Docs

A couple of months ago, I was sitting infront of my computer planning for the grade 2 classes that I will be partnering with. We have been studying features of communities around the world. As I was gathering information on our blog www.grade2communities.blogspot.com, it dawned on me to use Googledocs and then to "tweet" this message so that we can learn how to get primary information using technology.
As I was crafting the questions I wanted to ask on my GoogleDocs, it hit me that I was experiencing a phenomenal addition to the inquiry process that we as teachers teach. The use of online technology to teach students how to decipher and understand primary sources of information. As I "tweeted" my GoogleDocs, almost instantly, people were starting to answer my questions: Where are you from? Tell us about your community. I was watching as people around the world contributed to the learning of our students. What a shared responsibility in education. This by far, marks the most exciting learning in technology for me.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hMAeyp577K6iRNvt6BXgAj3nrDZCQY8p6Ijqyoof2iU/edit?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment