The Reflections of a Digital Immigrant

The Awakening to this Other World of Learning...

Friday, March 18, 2011

Bookemon

In our study of Ancient Africa, I realized how quickly the grade 5 students were understanding and using all the web 2.0 tools that I was introducing them, so I thought they could try something different. In our Ancient Africa research, students were taught how to write in a non-fiction format. I wanted to see whether they could use their web 2.0 tools to change the form of their writing to meet a different audience so I introduced them to bookemon.com You can see with the examples below how one student took his non-fiction research and put it into a digital book format and then how he took his non-fiction information and created a realistic fiction tale. These students never cease to amaze me!

No comments:

Post a Comment