The Reflections of a Digital Immigrant

The Awakening to this Other World of Learning...

Monday, January 3, 2011

Twitter

As part of TACIT, we were asked to open up a twitter account. Now, I love using web 2.0 tools but I really am not part of the social media market. I do not have a facebook account, so to be quite honest, I was a little nervous about this whole twitter world. My only experience with twitter was reading the comments that people were sending at the bottom of the tv screen during awardshows. I had no idea how it works and really what the whole point of it was. Until now...
Whenever I am faced with a challenge- something new- I need to try to understand it thoroughly on my own. Perhaps it is the psychology major within me that wants to analyze it, connect to it and then see for myself its value.
Over the holidays, I explored twitter and I am still amazed at the outcomes! I went on youtube and discovered Chris Gore's tutorials on twitter: Twitter.com/ThatChrisGore.

I find that it is the only place thus far where I can get instant, current, relevant information on issues that concern me based on what I want to learn. It's the whole idea of meaningful learning that entices students to want to learn more. I started with 2 followers and now I have 16! Who would have thought that people would be interested in what I would have to say about technology...
So...a note to everyone...don't be scared to try. You will be pleasantly surprised with what you discover. Follow me on twitter using the sidebar of my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment