The Reflections of a Digital Immigrant

The Awakening to this Other World of Learning...

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Embracing the Present





My dad is reading a Greek soccer magazine through the iPad!
My dad grew up in Greece during a time period where education was for the rich. Being one of four boys, my dad's family could not afford the demands of education at the time and so my father began working as a painter with his dad at the end of grade 6. He taught himself to read what interested him which always has been politics and soccer. He is an avid reader of newspapers. Every Tuesday his weekly newspapers were delivered from Greece and he would spend an hour devoted to deciphering the news of the week. Today, he discovered the iPad. He learned how to magnify the letters as he did not have his glasses with him.
My dad is a remarkable man. His devotion to seeking the truth through language and his desire to learn is an inspiration. I love that he embraces change and continues to learn and relearn. I am so blessed and so very proud to have him guide my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment