The Reflections of a Digital Immigrant

The Awakening to this Other World of Learning...

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Videocam

Last week, I recorded myself reading a story aloud for our kindergarten blog. We bought these videocams in our school this year and I was hoping to use them to skype with authors. Before I did this however, I wanted to make sure that I knew about how they worked.
Interestingly enough, it was quite awkward. The idea that it is mirror image that is being recorded was a very different experience than actually reading aloud to kids. I had to make sure I was showing the correct pictures at the correct time and that I was moving my face so that I could be recorded.
However, when I showed the kindergarten students this in their blog, they too were amazed! They then told me the next day, "Ms Poulis, I saw you on T.V!" Amazing how kindergarten kids can make you feel so loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment